Can’t believe Wales nearly pulled it off – sounds like they deserved to be in the final – was the send off warranted?
Also can’t believe that there are 2 Aussie V New Zealand games on tomorrow – your today. Hope to get some early news on the internet on both.
Today we wandered around Nuremburg – visited some underground dungeons and saw the torture rooms still equipped with finger breakers, back stretchers and various other early 15th Century interrogation techniques.
After a beer and a sausage at the Bratwurst pub we headed to the Site of the Hitler Rallies – the Documentation Museum and are now very knowledgeable about all things to do with Hilter from myths to hysteria to atrocities. Unbelievable to see the sites where1 million people gathered to Hail Hitler! Well that killed 3 hours and we got kicked out at 6pm.
After a short tram ride back we relocated to our apartment in the Hostel – Well V and I had to go back to reception to ask if the space was all ours. We have 2 bedrooms with bedding for 7 a kitchen, our OWN bathroom and toilet. We were so excited we went and invited the dancer from Australia we dormed with last night in for a shower. She was excited as had been living in the dorm with the obnoxious (see blog) non-english speaking, non-smiling, non-communicating foreigner and we had to go 2 floors down to a shared uni-sexed bathrooms. Where the shower was so small that I changed in the actual cubicle as it was bigger than the space outside the shower. Lets just say – we have a new best friend who will be back tomorrow night for another shower. She is dancing (rehearsing) as a Rat in the Nutcracker in Nuremburg after coming from Switzerland.
Well tomorrow is a big day – up to get the footy results then another day touring Nuremburg and a bit more Hitler – Read a Jeffery Deaver novel just before I came here (he wrote bone collector) and it was set in Berlin around the Olympics and gave me a bit of insight into Germany around that time 1933 to 1936. I must say given I have never studied history I really had no idea about the wars or really what happened – I am now a fountain of knowledge.
One last thing – they have this fountain in Nuremburg called the Marriage Carousel fountain – depicting the 6 stages of marriage first love, to quarrel to death do us part. Said to be enough to put anyone off tying the knot. We took a lot of photos – it had women and men linked with chains, skeletons killing each other only the germans could do it I say
Anyway by the time you read this the footy is probably done and dusted hope good results for all aussies
Cheers Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.