Firstly - to all our loyal reading friends - we know we have not been online the last few days, but hey we do have some limitations. What we are shocked about and most concerned about is that no-one, and I mean no-one sent us a text to let us know about Sam Stosur's win! What were you thinking!!!!!
Yet isn't it absolutely fantastic news! Finally she has managed to snavel that elusive victory at a Grand Slam - Yippee, Yahoo, Fan-bloody Tastic!
Now what have we been upto since leaving you Noirmoutier. We have headed down to Bordeaux and went out to Dune Du Pyla today. It is a 12km sand-dune. We are convinced that the national park attractions must be located on a 1 page info brochure, because as with Plitvice Lakes it was swarming, well not quite as swarming as Plitvice, but buzzing, with tourists. I know we fit into that cateqory, yet I try not to! The dune itself was lovely and overlooked the Arcachon Basin ie an inlet of the Atlantic Ocean on the South of France Coast which is sand bar city! The French seemed to marvel at the sand dune, which is quite spectacular however after just visiting Coffin Bay NP in SA it is a baby in comparison to the stretches of dunes we experienced there. I know I sound a little, “ours is bigger and better”, not meaning to. Just stating a wee fact.
Driving on the wrong side of the road we are getting use to. Though it still freaks us out at times heading down the little narrow streets and then having to pull to one side so an oncoming vehicle, or should I say truck can pass you by. We have had to pull in our side mirrors on more than one occasion. The passing is usually covered off by, “sh**t, Oh Sh**t, Oh my God!!! Ahhhh were through!” We have named our little Citreon, ‘Little Red’, because apparently we seem to be the only ones driving around with red number plates. The Europass people told us that was because we were special NOT, apparently red number plates are meant to be a sign of,,,, yes you guessed it, being a tourist. Now we are quite certain we are not the only tourists enroute, but we are yet to spot any other red number platesJ
Woops sorry! We were listening to the game on the computer early in the school day. (meant to be doing supervisions - they went out a little late that day). It was a great win! On her! Currently avoiding house work and catch up on older posted bloggs. Just fantastic. I am green with envy. Jen W
ReplyDelete